Once a fourGian, always a fourGian

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Give thanks

Dearest 4G,

term 3 is drawing to an end and Teacher's Day will then mark the end of term 3 come next Friday. I was surfing the net just now before getting down to doing the NJRC stuff and I decided to check out Mr Kwan's blog, since so many of you are playing the games he posted on the blog when I was not paying attention. -_-"'

It suddenly dawned on me that Mr Kwan has been a really nice teacher to you children. I can tell that he really cares for each and every one of you and though he is nice, I am really glad that you have not bullied him. (maybe you did, just that I don't know about it... -_-) Though the Malay and Tamil pupils do not have the privilege to be taught by him, I think you can tell he is a really nice teacher. I am sure your respective mother tongue teachers have shown you that level of care and concern too. Anyway, I think you should take the opportunity of Teacher's Day and give thanks to your teachers for all the love, care, concern, effort and time spent in guiding and teaching you. I am not talking about myself. But I feel that as your form teacher, I should take the opportunity to teach you to be appreciative of what others do for you and the people around you.

I once read this article about a professor who went to class with a few items. He took out an empty cup and left it on the table. He then asked his students if the cup was empty. They answered no, since air was inside. He took out some huge stones, and asked them if he could fill the cup with them, since it already contained air. They answered yes. He proceeded to add the huge stones into the cup. He asked his pupils if the cup is full now. They answered yes. He then took out some small pebbles and added them into the cup. He asked the pupils again if the cup was full. Again, they answered yes. Next, he took out a cup of sand and poured it in. Once again, he asked if the cup was full. And again, they said yes. He told them it was not. He then poured his cup of coffee into the cup.

The professor was trying to teach his pupils that sometimes, the big things in our lives make us think that we do not have time for other things. However, there are many other things that matter more in our lives. But because of the fact that they are smaller, we do not pay much attention to them and most of the time, we would live in regret for not giving it much attention. For example, you quarrelled with a friend over an important project. You think that the project is the most important thing in your life and because of that, you lose a good friend. The project may seemed important at that point in time, but when you lost that friend, it was a permanent loss. Which one do you think should have mattered more to you?

Pay more attention to the people around you and be appreciative of who they are and what they do for you. So take the opportunity and give thanks to the teachers who have taught you, whether is it this year or last year or the year before. Tell them that you know that they have given their all to you when teaching you and you appreciate it.

On a final note, I want to thank the 7 people (Peiyu, Jolynn, Huixin, WeiJuan, Joey, Wani and Yan Jun) for staying back to help out with my NJRC today. I really don't know what I would have done without the wonderful help all of you. Thank you very much. We shall have a good meal when the Entrepreneurship competition is over. And to the rest of you, thank you for the wonderful time in class. I really enjoyed teaching you. ^_^

I have given thanks. Now its your turn!


Ms Lye

8 Comments:

  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger FourGians said…

    Hi Ms Lye,
    Wani here.Ms Lye actually it is no big deal abt the NJRC thing...it is our job as a student to help our teacher as she herself has help us more.Without u i will never have the chance to be a perfect ( please don't think that i am a show off.. ).

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger FourGians said…

    Dear Wani, I do not think that you are a show off. It could be the way you carry yourself that makes you think that you give people that impression. If that is the case, then make a positive change, ok? =) And thank you for being so helpful and understanding about it. I am so happy that my kids are such positive children! ^_^

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger FourGians said…

    Dear Ms Lye , the NJRC Games are Quite interesting especially the Coin Toss =)O Ya , Hope you don't get sick too many time =) SA2 coming lerz...hope Ms Lye do not get sick otherwise we have to sit at our own place trying to torrlerate the noise of the rest of the pupils =)Ms Lye is the Best teacher Ever !! from Primary 1 - Primary 4 , Ms Lye You Are The Best !! =)

    Marcella To Wani - Dear Wani , you are not show off but the way you speak makes people think you are show off(No offence) Hope you can change the tone of your speech(No offence)

    Love , Marcella...=)

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Joeyy said…

    Hi miss lye, When NJRC is coming is quite interesting and fun although i always get beaten by the cans but when we go IMM is on 3 of september is peiyu birthday

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger FourGians said…

    Wani to Ms Lye -
    Dear Ms Lye,
    Thank u for understanding me and to be the best teacher ever !!!

    Wani to Marcella -
    Dear Marcella,
    To me,u are the only one student whom understands me.Thank u for the concederation u have given me.....

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger FourGians said…

    Dear Wei Juan,

    I am glad that I have made a difference in your life. Continue to be positive, ok? =)

    Dear Marcella,

    I am sure your other teachers are good teachers as well. Study hard, and I will try to stay healthy to hang around to haunt you! haha.

    Dear Joey,

    So sorry that you got hit by the cans. Ms Lye sayang you ok? heh. Now that you mention, I realised that it is Peiyu's birthday on the 3rd. Let's celebrate for her, ok? ^_^

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Joeyy said…

    Miss lye thank you for sayaying mi never mind if i get hit by the cans by the way is for the competion never mind ya i wanted to celebrate ehr birthday too because her family problem is same as me !

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger FourGians said…

    Dear Joey,

    I am glad that you are finding a great friend in Peiyu. Share about your problems with each other and be there for each other. You can share with me too or I would feel left out. =( If the need arises, do not hesitate to approach me. I will definitely be there for you, whatever that happens, whatever the time of the day. You know the number to call! ^_^

     

Post a Comment

<< Home